Increase the Duration of Parking Surveillance Mode & Put Less Strain on Your Vehicle Battery!
iVolt Mini External Battery Pack
The THINKWARE iVolt Mini External Battery Pack (IVOLTMN) to your Dashcam installation. iVolt Mini utilises a LiFePo4 (Lithium iron phosphate) battery which is safe for in-vehicle use as it is designed to withhold extreme temperatures.
It features a super-fast charge rate of just 45 minutes while driving and simply hardwires between the Dashcam and vehicle fuse box. When you open your iVolt Mini package, you will be provided with 2 Cables and fuse taps, in addition you will also need a standard THINKWARE Hardwiring Cable HWC (Sold Separately).
Extended Parking Mode
When Hardwired the Dashcam will record in Parking Mode for approximately 8 hours (Depending on vehicle’s battery and the voltage cut-off setting) before powering down to save power. With the iVolt Mini, your 1 Channel Dashcam can run for 20 hours, or if you have a 2 Channel Dashcam, 16 hours in Parking Mode before needing to recharge the battery pack.
Safe For Luxury Vehicles
If you own a Luxury Vehicle such as a BMW, battery drainage not only means replacing the vehicle’s battery but it can also require the dealership to reset the vehicle’s electronics, which can turn into an extremely expensive fix. By using the iVolt Mini Battery Pack, you will still be able to use our Advanced Parking Mode risk-free.
Avoid Wear & Tear
With a Hardwired Dashcam, the constant discharge on the battery over a long period of time can cause wear and tear. The iVolt Mini Battery Pack only draws power to charge when you are driving the vehicle, which prevents damage to the vehicle’s battery over time.
With the ignition off, the Dashcam relies solely on the Battery Pack for power, eliminating the need to draw power from the vehicle’s battery completely.
Do I Need A Battery Pack?
THINKWARE Dashcams offer a few different methods in which the device is powered. All THINKWARE Dashcams come standard with a built-in voltmeter and battery protection settings to ensure you will not return to your vehicle with a dead battery.
These Voltage Settings can be utilised with the Hardwiring Kit to protect your battery when using Parking Mode. However, if you wish to record an extended amount of Parking Footage, or if you have a Luxury Vehicle/Small Vehicle Battery the THINKWARE iVolt Mini Battery Pack may be the right choice for you.
- High capacity 4500mAh LiFePo4 battery
- Up to 20 hours for 1-channel dashboard camera (Forward-Facing Camera Only) (2.9Wh)
- Up to 16 hours for 2-channel dashboard camera (Front-Facing & Rear-Facing Camera) (3.5Wh)
- Approximately 50 minute charge time
- Fuse taps for easy wiring into fuse box
- Output harness supplies Constant, Accessories and Earth to device
- Compatible With: All THINKWARE Dashcam Series
- Input Power: 12.0V - 15.5V (10A Max)
- Output Voltage / Current: 12.0V - 14.6V / 2.0A Max
Charging Voltage / Current:
- 14.6V / 7A (Hardwire)
- 14.6V / 5A (Plug & Play)
- About 45 Minutes (Hardwire)
- About 60 Minutes (Plug & Play)
- 1CH: About 20 Hours (2.9Wh)
- 2CH: About 16 Hours (3.5Wh)
- Battery: LiFePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate)
- Batter Capacity: 12.8V, 4500mAh 57.6Wh
- Charging Temperature: 0°C ~ 45°C
- Discharging Temperature: -10°C ~ 60°C (Cell Skin Temperature Cannot Exceed 80°C)
- Storage Temperature: -10°C ~ 60°C
- Storage Humidity Range: 65% ±20%RH (Recommended to Store 23 ±5°C for Long Term)
- Dimensions: 165.4 (W) x 131.2 (L) x 36.8 (H)
- Weight: 0.95kg