Delivers a Pure, Full-Range Audio Experience!
D FULL RANGE, MUSIC FOR ALL
The D is a result of Pioneer’s automotive loudspeaker engineering experience and expertise, combining advanced design techniques with highly developed manufacturing capabilities.
Following Pioneer’s OPEN & SMOOTH sound concept, the D series of automotive loud speakers provides broad and balanced frequency response with a wide sound stage and amazing fidelity for the listener.
26mm POLYESTERSOFT DOME TWEETER
Contoured from lightweight, resin-impregnated fibers of coated polyester fabric, the D tweeter delivers extended high-frequency performance. The 26mm diaphragm is very resistant to the harsh environmental conditions of the automotive interior (temperature, humidity, vibration, etc.), while maintaining its uniform hemispherical shape to reduce dome breakup due to excessive vibration at ultrasonic frequencies. The result is extremely low distortion levels and a smooth, natural sound.
ARAMID FIBER INTERLACED INJECTION MOLDED POLYPROPYLENE (IMPP)
Polypropylene (PP) is a tough thermoplastic resin, ideal material for a speaker cone. The low mass and high damping of a PP cone generate good sensitivity and low distortion. However, polypropylene cones lack the rigidity and strength required for high output and extreme low bass. To resolve this, Pioneer engineers used advanced Computer-Aided Manufacturing to develop a process to blend Aramid fibers into the polypropylene resin during the injection molding process. The resulting Aramid fiber interlaced IMPP cone is ultra-thin and low mass with high rigidity and superior strength, built to produce natural, detailed sound with deep and powerful bass.
COMPACT SWIVEL TWEETER WITH TRI-POSITION MOUNTING KIT
More than any other speaker, the positioning and mounting location of the tweeter is crucial to the stereo imaging of the system and the overall listening experience. To ensure installation flexibility, the D component system tweeters are extremely compact and feature a unique swivel mount that allows precise aiming of high frequencies. Pioneer’s tri-position mounting kit (included) provides the flexibility to mount the tweeter using a variety of methods; flush mount, surface mount or bracket mount, especially important for concealing the tweeter behind an original equipment tweeter grille in the vehicle dash or door.
- 330 Watts Max Power
- 26mm Polyester Soft Dome Tweeter with Swivel Capability
- Aramid Fiber Interlaced Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP) Cone Construction
- Unique Tri-position, Swivel Tweeter Mounting Kit Expands Installation Flexibility
- Size 6x9"
- Design 6x9" 2-Way Seperate System
- Tweeter Design 26mm Soft Dome
- Tweeter Composition Polyester
- Tweeter Magnet Composition Neodymium
- Woofer Composition Aramid Fiber Interlaced Injection Molded Polypropylene (IMPP)
- Woofer Surround Butyl Rubber
- Woofer Magnet Composition Ferrite
- Max. Music Power (Nominal) 330W MAX (110W Nom)
- Frequency Response 33Hz to 49kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1 m) 86 dB
- Impedance 4Ω
- Crossover Frequency 3500 Hz
- Mounting Depth 74mm
- Cut-Out Dimensions 153mm x 222mm
- Grills Included No