JL Audio C1-525x 5.25" 130 mm Coaxial Speaker System
Coaxial Speaker System: 5.25"(130 mm) Woofer, 0.75-inch (19 mm) Aluminum Dome Tweeter
C1 speakers deliver real substance and great audio performance in a format designed for easy fit behind factory grilles.
C1 woofer drivers benefit from proprietary FEA modeling and JL Audio's expertise in low-frequency driver design. This knowledge is used to create speakers that can play loudly, while maintaining a smooth, dynamic, low distortion sound. At the core of the C1-525x is a proprietary, stamped, steel 5.25-inch (130 mm) frame and a DMA-optimized motor system. A mineral-filled, injection-molded polypropylene cone is suspended with a rubber surround on the front, and a carefully engineered flat Conex® spider at the top of the voice coil, to precisely control motion and prevent impact between the voice coil and the back plate. Tinsel leads are carefully routed and attached to the spider to prevent fatigue and buzzing. These are the same kinds of features and materials normally found on much more expensive loudspeakers.
Equipped with a true, edge-driven, aluminum dome tweeter, C1 speakers stand further apart from others in its category with superior high-frequency clarity and definition. The tweeter’s design has inherently excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. It also benefits from the damping of a silk surround suspension and Ferrofluid in the voice coil gap, along with the superior strength of a neodymium magnet circuit. A true, 2nd order high-pass filter is employed to further enhance smoothness and improve power handling.
When it comes to value, C1 is the real deal!
Sold as a pair. Grilles not available.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 50 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS) 10 - 75 W / Ch.
- System Efficiency 89.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 54 Hz - 24 KHz ± 3 dB
Coaxial Physical Specifications
- Lineart Bottom-View and Side-View of C1-525x Coaxial Speaker with dimension labels A-G
- Frame Outer Diameter* (A) 5.83 in / 132 mm
- Grille Tray Outer Diameter (B) N/A
- Motor Outer Diameter (C) 2.76 in / 70 mm
- Frontal Coaxial Tweeter Protrusion** (D) 0.54 in / 14 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion (E) N/A
- Mounting Hole Diameter (F) 4.70 in / 119 mm
- Mounting Depth (G) 2.42 in / 62 mm
Does not take into account mounting tabs
Frontal coaxial tweeter protrusion measured from mounting surface